Tuesday 7 April 2009

Stagnant... Moving forward with my star

I don’t know why I’m into this stagnant life; it should be at my age that I’m having a job and a wife, with two kids the most. But that’s just… you know, simple living. Without any dreams to pursue, just seeing life as it is, it’s bleak. I was in that category. And yet, I’m still here. God must have a reason for this life of mine. Till I found a star, no… it’s not from that Stardust movie (ha ha you’re thinking about it aren’t you? I wish).So now I’m living at a slow pace, I don’t know if luck had anything to do with it. I was just thinking, with her, I can do everything now. But still it’s a slow velocity and towards what I want to achieve, in this life.

Do you want your ambition to come true? When I was in primary school, I had a dream to be a soldier, in which I did became one, but it wasn’t supposed to be what I wanted. I had troubles here and there; I started to see some flaws within the administration system. Instead of being pressurized to the maximum, I took a big step to resign. Within that time range, I discovered another talent, I used to think it was just another hobby of mine, as it grew larger, I became rebellious, and I wanted to make this thing come true. It’s my voice. My mother claimed that I could sing by the age of eight. I couldn’t remember that time I was a kid so to speak. Within my moment with the army I had joined numerous talent contest, some of which I became one of the finalist. The other contestants didn’t have the same idea as I did. I’m loud, I’m pitched high and I was ready to take it on. Then I was turned down by the fact that people around here doesn’t want a rocking soul sound, all they want was soft and sweet like candy. Well what do you expect? I was fuming mad. But all these were an experience to me that different people have different opinion. And so I went on, creating bands as I go on with my life, some were hard core, some were slow rock, and most of the time… METAL. I thought I was one of them.

Time and times again I slowly realized I can do all sorts of thing in singing, well… maybe not all. I don’t do rap. I tried, I just can’t. There are some things in life in which you cannot do at all. You can call it my weakness, but my strong point was even larger. I gain some attention from audiences that I meet, saying I should do this or do that, I can take criticism too. This made me realize that what I wanted to do in my life, this… normal life. This is the next step in which I am about to take, and nobody is going to stop me, I have my voice, I have my skill, I’m willing to learn and I’m ready to take on the world. This is my time now.

And with that angel star in my life, I can do anything. I love my star.

No comments:

Post a Comment